Wednesday 23 February 2011

Lacking in inspiration

I just can't seem to find the inspiration or the motivation to sew anything at the moment. I should be because March is approaching and I don't feel very happy with my selection of clothing options for it, but I just don't know what it is that I'm looking for to put in my wardrobe! I've customised another t-shirt but it's a bit boring so I won't share the picture (you'll probably see it in the me-made march photos anyway) and that's as far as I've got. I just can't seem to find anything I want to wear at the moment, not in the shops or in sewing pictures/patterns and I seem to be living in my denim skirt with various tops at the moment. On that note I will say that I suddenly realised that there are certain tops (non me-made) that I love wearing with a denim skirt so I've decided to attempt making a pair of jeans into a skirt so I'm not without a denim mini during March. Thinking about the specifics of this I think I'll need to use a pair of jeans which are too big for me because I don't want a denim pencil skirt, I want something fairly a-line that's not too different from my denim mini that I already own and love! So that is one project I'll be working on fairly shortly, but I still need to try and come up with something that I actually want to make, or just find a lot of stuff to re-fashion if I find the concept of that more interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy,

    Don't be disheartened! Have you tried maybe making something different like a bag or accessories? Made by Rae and U-handblog have cute free bag patterns.

    Maybe try making something just for fun and don't stress about "having" to make things ready for March. It's easy to lose inspiriation if you your are only doing something because you have to.

    Law x

    ReplyDelete