There's been the Brits, the Golden Globes, the Oscars and all sorts going on with lots of celebs winning awards... and I've received an award now too! Thanks Carly for my stylish blogger award!
Now, rather than giving a long and emotional acceptance speech, I'll just stick with the rules, which is that I have to write 7 things about myself that you may not know, let's see what I can come up with!
1. I'm studying to be a speech and language therapist. I know I've mentioned before that I'm at university, not sure that I've ever actually mentioned my chosen vocation! I never wanted to go to university and when I was 18 I left education and got a job in a bank, which then moved to a job in an office and after a few years I realised I wanted to do something more 'meaningful'. So somehow I managed to wangle myself a job as a speech therapy assistant and now here I am!
2. I am soooo not the stereotypical student. Since coming to university I've realised that I couldn't care less about clubbing or partying anymore and have instead turned into some sort of 1950's housewife. I sew, I cook, I clean, I bake, I knit (sometimes), I help out at girl guides and I horse ride.
3. I have only ever been to one wedding. People are always amazed by this! When I was a little girl I was always desperate to be a bridesmaid but no-one I knew was ever getting married. I didn't go to a wedding until I was 20/21. I've been told that in my twenties and thirties I'll be attending lots of weddings to the point where I'm sick of them... we'll see about that!
4. I am the only girl in my generation of my family. I have brothers and all my cousins are boys! It always meant I was a bit left out at Christmas because all the boys wanted to play together and I was left with the adults!
5. I used to ride a moped. All the boys thought I was really cool! It was a bright red piaggio zip called 'zippy' (original hey?). I miss my moped now I have to pay for expensive petrol, can't skip to the front of traffic queues and have to pay for cark parks. A car is a lot warmer though!
6. I'm a bit of a history geek. I love reading history novels by Philippa Gregory. I loved history at school. I'd like to go to Egypt just to see the pyramids and I love going on geeky day trips to the tower of London and castles and the like.
7. My middle toe on my right foot is bigger than my index toe. I never even noticed this until I was 18 and my boyfriend at the time pointed it out to me! It's not like this on my left foot so I guess my right one is just a little bit odd!
Well there you have it, some random facts about me. If you want to know anything else, ask away! Apparently I have to nominate seven other bloggers, hmmmm do I even know of seven other bloggers?
1. Ashley from Jellybean's odds and ends
2. Lisa from Lisa Sews
3. Law/Laura from Laura in a tangle
4. Jos from SewJosa
5. Alexandra from Crafts and stuff
6. Jane from Pedal to the metal
7. Bea from Butterflies and hurricanes
That was a bit tricky to decide on! There are loads of people I have in my favourites on BurdaStyle who I'd have liked to have given an award to but don't have blogs :-(
Anyway, thanks again Carly, over and out!