Thursday 20 January 2011

Back to the drawing board

I've been trying to think about what I'm going to do next and I seem to have come up with yet another dress, but I'm hoping to have enough fabric left over to be able to make something else too! I bought BurdaStyle magazine yesterday for the first time and it had lots of interesting patterns in it and there are a few tops and skirts I'd like to have a go at making but I have no fabric! And I have my heart set on making a valentines inspired dress (not that I'll have anywhere to wear it of course!) so have ordered two metres of this:

Someone was selling 2m of it on Ebay as they'd bought it but weren't using it so I got it for a good price of £5 including postage.

And I also bought two metres of red polycotton with the idea that I'm going to make the bodice of the dress using the heart print and the skirt using the red polycotton and will then have extra to make other exciting garments!

I intend to try a few new techniques out, such as blind stitching the hem and doing some french seams, and also taking my time to make the dress well fitting and good quality, we'll see how that one goes!

Until my fabric arrives my life is empty from a sewing perspective, though I'm visiting home this weekend so will probably pop into the haberdashery in my home town for supplies and wait for my fabric to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment