So this evening I've stitched the front to the back and finished the edges (this fabric frays like crazy, it's the first time I've had to make a conscious effort to finish my edges!), then I did the overarm and underarm seams on the sleeves and finished the edges, then finished the edges of the bottom of the sleeve and sewed the seam.
After that I thought I'd sewed up the wrong end of the sleeve but it turned out to be ok in the end! So I quickly pinned the sleeves to the dress while my brain was working and I could remember which way they went on, otherwise I know that next time I'd start to panic all over again. For some reason sleeves just get my brain in a twist! I managed to get some interfacing the other day so I ironed that to the fabric pieces so I'm ready to do the yoke when I get round to it!
Here's a pic of how it's looking so far...
It's looking a bit big at the moment but I think it's because it still needs the yoke and some gathering doing at the top!
I'm not expecting to be able to do any tomorrow but hopefully I can get some more done over the weekend as I have absolutely nothing planned from Friday afternoon onwards! Maybe if I'm lucky I can get it finished by the end of the weekend, though that might be a little bit too optimistic!